Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reasons and Seasons

There is a season for everything and reason too !
It is sunny and clear blue skies late in the morning on Saturday.
So, I decided to walk to work. A little over a mile.
Most of the way, though sparsely, the road is lined with fully blossomed trees. Very comforting in Houston sun. With one exception. At the second intersection, CVS Pharmacy seems to have removed all the trees around it's properties. Must be for better business visibility I thought and called them JERKS for exposing my bald head to scorching sun (a little exaggeration, I wear a $200,000 Michigan hat).
Around 3:30 afternoon I am ready to return. To my disbelief it is raining buckets with great thundering clouds. (the work and old ears insulate you from threatening sounds). There is water everywhere. Luckily, after an hour wait, I get a window of relief to walk back to the hotel.
Would you believe, that same second intersection which was desert dry in the morning was flooded. The N-S sidewalk along CVS's property was under water. I had no choice but to get through CVS's parking lot, move up west and cross the street away from the flooded area. Not a big hassle, but without CVS, my brand new Nikes perhaps would have been soaked beyond recognition.
So, a jerk in the hot sun, turns out to be a savior of my brand new shoes under rainy skies.
CVS, MY Nike thanks you. And ok...sorry for calling you jerk.
Bharat Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment