Tuesday, October 7, 2014

At Auto shop

I am at this road side auto shop. Guess my spark plugs were misfiring. What ever. What do I know about cars? I am just a dumb civil engineer.
Mechanic told me he did not have the parts for my car. He would have to drive 40 miles to get them. What choice a person is left with who can not even change a flat tire? He left me here with his shop.... Alone.
This place is quieter than a cemetery. Considering the condition of some of the cars around me "cemetery" perhaps is the right choice of word. It is eerie, kind of.
So, what do I do? There are some dirty magazines next to his tool table. But they are very old. Those girls must be grandmas by now.
Anxiety and idleness make dangerous cocktail. Not my words. These are Dave and Dave's words. They both are bartenders near old Tiger Stadium in Detroit.
Well.. I discovered something.. Puddles.. yea..good old reliable potholes and puddles.
I noticed few puddles around the shop. The drive was graveled.That is all I needed. Picked up fistful of pebbles and started aiming and shooting at the puddles. In the beginning I missed, O..K... misfired. Then I got the hang of it. Bo..y, it was fun watching that pebble land in the puddle !!!! Splash, splash, splash...
Reminded me of the monsoon in small town Godhra, India.. Running in the rain, almost naked, and stomping in the puddles with all the guts I got to have that dirty earthy water soak me all over.. Then looking up..challenging the clouds... yea...send me some more..hit me with all you got..
This puddle splashing therapy is worth considering if you want to get your mind off the problems.
I was thinking of having swimming pool in my backyard. I just changed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment