Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rajdeep Sardesai


I do not think you would read this. But, I hope my words somehow get to you.
First, I saw the video. Unless you provide me your own clip, I noticed, that you were the one who initiated physical assault, mild in nature it may be, It certainly was intentional. Someone from the crowd suggested to call the police. That is what normally people in USA do when they see trouble in the making.
Somewhere else, you perhaps would have left the crowd with broken bones. You would not have gotten the opportunity to use unparliamentary or uncivilized words not suited to the mouth of a renowned journalist of your stature.
I assume you are a genuine secularist. I am a Hindu and consider myself secular, perhaps not genuine by the definition of some. However I detest seculars who go around bashing Hindus in general to prove themselves to be the protectors of the rights of the minorities, specifically Muslims, day in and day out- Sometimes at the cost of the welfare of Hindus whose economic and social needs are no less critical or crucial than those of minorities.
As a journalist, I am hoping you stay above the fray of the politicians who play the politics of minority appeasement with lucrative "vote banks" in their mind. It is my opinion that an intelligent journalist of your caliber should be looking at all the politicians with magnifying glass to verify "how genuine their secularist credentials are?" Exposing phony secularists, you certainly would help unite India.
The vote banks Politics has actually polarized the Indian polity. It has been going on before the entry of Mr. Modi into politics. What media was doing all these years?
Waiting for Modi to take all the brunt of communal ills spread by his predecessors?
The opposition, media and the courts have been hounding Mr. Modi for more than dozen years now and have not been able to smell any foul play. By the mandate of the people of India, he now is an honorable Prime Minister of the great nation. Don't you think it is time to get off his back and give him some room to work, as hard as he does and may be more, so we all can raise our heads high as Indians? He is inviting everyone to be the part of such success.
I have been living in this country for 45 years. This is the first time, the Prime Minister of India is welcome in the White House with full and genuine dignity and respect. It will be a shame if his own fellow Indians can not show him the same level of respect when he is on a foreign soil representing Mother India.

No comments:

Post a Comment