Tuesday, October 7, 2014

9/11

I stood there in silence for few moments by 9/11 memorial pools and then read few names of the civilians. They were there that fateful morning like every other morning with dreams of making the lives of their families better, raising and educating their children for brighter future. Little did they know that their death would come by cruel act of cowardice fanatics who did not value freedom and knew nothing about religion or God.
Once, from the bottom of these pools rose two towers, symbols of freedom and economic strength of a nation that places the utmost faith in human spirit and its ability to fight evil.
Evil these terrorists and their mentors were. They had not seen these towers going up like I did in my youth. Their soaring height was awe inspiring and challenged some to reach the pinnacle of their abilities. That included a Frenchman who tied a rope at the top between two towers and walked across, almost one quarter mile high in the air defying death.
Little did these misguided souls who were promised martyrdom and 72 virgins in the heaven knew that human spirit prevails over death. Always.
I looked up the sky and saluted the new freedom tower. Here stood again, soared again, never dying human spirit and strong resolve of a nation to respect, honor and protect that spirit.
Osama.... like me, hundreds of visitors to this memorial went through security check. They came from all over the world, speaking different languages and having different colors and faces.
I then remembered, how freely I walked around the construction site as an engineering student to see the foundation of the twin towers going in- I did not have to empty my pockets or take my hat off to stand and watch the engineering marvel going up.
Today, I took my hat off and so did hundreds of others to the spirits all whose lives you took. We know for sure, they are in heaven and you are rotting in hell.
We will not forget you and never forgive you

No comments:

Post a Comment