Saturday, May 25, 2013

Unfriended

A message pops up on my screen repeatedly saying something like I had been unfriended by three persons. And then asks if I wanted to find out who they were by the click of a button.

Actually I thank them for doing it. I wish more people would drop me from their radar if they had made me friend initially when they just were looking for numbers

I do want to keep some friends who I respect and have great regards for what they are. I have not necessarily met all of them but have enjoyed reading their pages. I learn from them and admire them for the talents they possess. It would be sad if friends like them would drop me from their list

I do wish to make everybody I have met along the way in the journey of last six decades my friend. Because each name has the potential to connect me to the past memory some of which might have faded from my mind. And therefore I do send friend requests to them and respond to the requests from them. I do understand if some of them do not respond at all. Some people perhaps do not want to deal with bad memories.

I do have friends, some very close, who believe facebook is addictive, it is waste of time and easiest way to loose your privacy. They are correct on all three points and therefore they are not even on facebook. Doing anything in excess is harmful to your health and wealth. Then again it is better than doing nothing. An ideal mind is devil's workshop it is said. May not be a bad idea to be on facebook just to keep your brain cells active. Just watch not to overdo it.

Facebook or not, it is a blessing to have good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment